View All Section Pages
In 1968, Kenneth H. Cooper, MD, MPH, introduced the world to a new word and a new concept—aerobics—launching a global fitness revolution. Today, we’re at it again, coining the phrase Get Cooperized.™ Reflecting our well-rounded approach to health, fitness, nutrition and life, getting Cooperized means working on the whole you—mind, body and soul. Exploring potential. Maintaining health. And enjoying yourself in the process.
The Cooperized lifestyle consists of eight health guidelines, developed by Dr. Cooper:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Make healthy food choices most of the time
- Exercise most days of the week
- Take the right supplements for you
- Do not use tobacco
- Control alcohol
- Manage stress
- Get a regular, comprehensive physical exam
We refer to our employee base at Cooper Aerobics as the Cooper team. The dictionary defines a team as “a number of persons associated in some joint action.” For us, that action is to help people live better-quality, longer lives. It takes all of us working together to make that mission a reality. To join our Cooper team, learn more about working at Cooper.
Our purpose at Cooper Aerobics is to improve the quality and quantity of people's lives. Our core values unify us in this pursuit. They are the unwavering foundation that guides all we do.
- Prevention – Pursue proactive efforts to achieve optimal health
- Research – Expand boundaries through scientific discovery
- Excellence – Lead through expertise and depth of knowledge
- Fitness – Maximize potential for a healthier body, mind and spirit
- Integrity – Act ethically with respect, sincerity and humility
- Compassion – Demonstrate genuine concern and grace with accountability
- Service – Build relationships and passionately exceed expectations