View All Section Pages
EXTENDING YOUR FUNCTIONAL YEARS
Move.Laugh.Connect. (MLC) is a balanced program for total well-being that addresses one’s physical, emotional and social dimensions in a group setting. Participants experience a variety of exercises to preserve functionality, embrace humor and actively engage with fellow classmates in a safe, relaxing environment.
Move.Laugh.Connect. incorporates activities that enhance:
- Joint mobility and breathing efficiency
- Motor control: balance, coordination, rhythm and gait training
- Muscular endurance and strength
- Brain fitness
The program is ideal for:
- Older adults with limited mobility and stability
- Older adults challenged with health issues
- Adults desiring to improve their brain health and fitness
- Adults desiring to move, laugh and connect with others
“This program gave me a renewed perspective and the motivation to create connections I never would have otherwise. I call it zestful living.”
– Move.Laugh.Connect. participant
MLC CLASS SCHEDULE AT COOPER FITNESS CENTER
Open to members and the public
MLC Indoor Cycling: Tuesdays/Thursdays | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
MLC MOVE: Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays | 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Carla Sottovia, PhD
972.233.4832, ext. 4411
MOVE.LAUGH.CONNECT. INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION
For fitness professionals interested in offering Move.Laugh.Connect. classes at your facility, online training and certification is available. Watch this brief video to learn more about the program.
MLC Overview for Fitness Professionals
Visit our online learning platform to learn more about the MLC instructor training and certification course.
Available Course Credits