A Delicious and Low-Fat Ricotta Spinach Party Dip Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. wholewheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta
- 2 packages of frozen spinach (small, 10 oz. pks)
- 6 oz. low-fat shredded mixed cheese
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 sprinkle of sea salt
- Black pepper
- Coat a saucepan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Briefly saute the scallion until tender.
- Add flour and gradually stir in milk --cook until thick.
- Add fat-free ricotta, spinach and shredded cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add artichokes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrient Analysis (per 1/4 cup serving):
Saturated Fat: 0g
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, Registered Dietitian at Cooper Clinic.