Easter Brunch French Toast
View All Section Pages
12 slices of day-old French bread, 1½” thick
4 eggs (or 2 eggs + ½ cup Egg Beaters)
4 cups low-fat milk
¼ cup sugar
1½ Tbsp. fresh lemon peel/zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Grease two 9×13 glass pans (do not use metal). Divide bread between the pans.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, ¼ cup sugar, lemon peel/zest, vanilla and salt.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread. Let soak 5 minutes.
- Turn bread over, cover and chill for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325◦F.
- Mix 1 Tbsp. sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over bread.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve at once, with powdered sugar, fresh fruit and maple syrup.
4 g fat
1 g saturated fat
66 mg cholesterol
2 g fiber
12.5 g protein
716 mg sodium
109 g carbohydrates
*Nutritional Analysis uses 4 eggs and does not include toppings
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services