Southwest Breakfast Quesadillas
View All Section Pages
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup spinach; trimmed, washed and torn
- 3/4 cup egg beaters
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Cabot Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Guacamole and salsa (optional)
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion, bell pepper and mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Drain vegetables of any excess liquid and place cooked vegetables in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray the same skillet with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl, beat together egg beaters and egg. Cook over medium heat until done. Add cooked vegetables to the mixture to warm.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, add 1/4 of the egg mixture and 2 tbsp. of cheese on to one side of the tortilla. Fold over and press slightly. Continue with the remaining 3 tortillas. Place one tortilla at a time into medium skillet to warm and allow the cheese to melt.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
Fiber: 2 g
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 401 mg
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services