Whole Wheat Couscous Morning Mix with Cherries and Almonds
View All Section Pages
- 2 cups skim milk (or soy milk, etc.)
- 1/4 cup Eggbeaters (2 eggwhites)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dry whole wheat couscous
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, egg white, honey and cinnamon.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, stir in the couscous.
- Turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cherries and almonds.
Total Fat: 4.9 g
Cholestrol: 1 mg
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services