Sweet Mixed Berry Compote with Zesty Orange Liqueur Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 2 12 oz. bags unsweetened frozen mixed berries, thawed or two cups fresh berries (such as raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar (or *1 ½ Tbsp. of Splenda Sugar Blend or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbsp. water
- Place the first four ingredients into a medium-sized pot on low heat.
- Stir gently.
- After all ingredients are well mixed, increase heat and stir gently.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture and bring to a slight boil.
- Mixture will thicken and clear as the cornstarch is incorporated.
- Serve warm over low-fat ice cream and a sprinkle of low-fat granola.
Sodium: 0 mg
Fat: 0 g
Fiber: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g/*11 g
Protein: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services