Raspberry Chocolate Mousse
View All Section Pages
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water plus ½ cup tap water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened red raspberries
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ½ cup evaporated skimmed milk
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- Sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup cold water to soften for 15 minutes.
- Bring sugar, raspberries and lemon juice to a boil with another ¼ cup of water.
- Simmer for 4 minutes, add gelatin mixture and stir 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, puree in food processor with evaporated skim milk and strain out seeds.
- Chill until cold, then stir in yogurt.
- Fold into raspberry mixture and chill until set.
- Serves six.
Fat: 0 g
Protein: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 72 mg
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services