Get a Taste of Provence with Our French Market Frittata Recipe
View All Section Pages
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped green bell peppers (or any raw or cooked vegetables you have in your refrigerator)
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ tsp. herbs de Provence
- 6 whole eggs*
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 2-4 oz. reduced-fat cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Fresh basil (optional)
*For a healthier option, consider using four whole eggs and four egg whites.
- Spritz a 9-inch skillet with cooking spray until well coated.
- Heat the olive oil and sauté bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and herbs de Provence over medium heat until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has evaporated.
- Beat the eggs and milk until combined. Add the egg mixture to the vegetables in the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add the cheese, garlic and pepper. Combine well. As the egg mixture begins to set, lift the edges with a spatula so that the uncooked eggs can flow underneath until the eggs are completely cooked. Cover with a lid and turn the heat on low until the entire frittata is set, three to five minutes.
- To serve, cut in wedges and garnish with fresh sliced tomatoes and basil.
Yield: 6 servings
Each serving: 158 calories
Protein: 9 g
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Cholesterol: 223 mg
Sodium: 134 mg
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Potassium: 269 mg
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.