Lemony Chickpea Pasta with Chicken and Zucchini
View All Section Pages
- 8 oz. chickpea pasta
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut in half and quartered
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest + 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Tip: Chickpea pasta is gluten free (GF).
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water. Place pasta in a medium bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté prosciutto over medium heat until crispy. Crumble into a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray the same large skillet with nonstick spray and place over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add chicken to skillet and season with ¼ tsp. each of salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through (internal temperature 165 degrees), about 3 minutes, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, shallot and red pepper. Sauté until shallot is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and remaining ¼ tsp. salt, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender.
- Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, prosciutto, lemon juice and zest, pasta, chicken and basil. Stir to combine. If needed add reserved pasta water 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Serve warm. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil if desired.
Serves: 6 | Serving size: 2 cups
Sodium: 507 mg
Fat: 10 g
Fiber: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Protein: 25 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition.