Mediterranean Quinoa a la Crockpot
View All Section Pages
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup baby tomatoes
- 2 oz. low-fat feta cheese
- Place rinsed quinoa in the crockpot.
- Add the chicken broth, oil, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, wilt the spinach in the microwave for just 2-3 minutes and mix it into the quinoa.
- Mix in the cut up baby tomatoes along with the feta cheese and serve!
Serves: 3 or 4
Fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 800 mg (depending on the amount in the broth you use, it can be lower)
Protein: 11 g
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, MS, RDN, LD, CSSD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services