Easy and Lean Teriyaki Steak with Red Plum and Curry Glaze
View All Section Pages
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin, trimmed of all fat and cut into 4 filets
- 1/4 cup light teriyaki sauce
- 1 18-oz. jar of Smucker’s Red Plum Jam
- 1 tsp. madras curry powder
- 1/4 cup Harvey’s Bristol Cream (sweet sherry)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a small sauce pan whisk together jam, curry and liquor over medium heat until well blended.
- Add lemon juice and continue to heat until blended.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Marinade filets in teriyaki for approximately 2 hours.
- Discard marinade and grill filets until well marked on each side.
- Remove from grill, place filets into an oven suitable skillet. Brush approximately 1 Tbsp. of glaze on top of each filet.
- Place in a pre-heated 325°F oven for approximately eight minutes or until desired doneness is achieved. Glaze will begin to caramelize.
Tip: place filets on plate and drizzle with glaze remaining in skillet. There will be leftover glaze in the small sauce pan. This can be saved and placed in the freezer for use at a later date.
Serving Size: 1 filet with 1 Tbsp. glaze
Sodium: 117 mg
Fat: 8 g
Fiber: 0 g
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Protein: 23 g
Carbohydrate: 13 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services