Three Grilled Cheese Sandwiches With a Twist
View All Section Pages
Swiss Apple Grilled Cheese
- 1 slice Alpine Lace® Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese
- 2 slices Orowheat® 100% whole wheat bread
- 2 tsp. Smart Balance® Original
- ½ Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
363 Calories: 363
Saturated fat: 5.5 g
Protein: 6 g
Fiber: 7 g
Traditional Grilled Cheese with a Cinnamon Twist
- 1 slice Sargento® Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices Ezekiel® Cinnamon and Raisin Bread
- 2 tsp. butter
Saturated fat: 7.5 g
Protein: 12 g
Fiber: 4 g
Killer Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
- 1 slice Sargento® Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 slices Dave’s Killer 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Bread
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices large, fresh tomato
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
Saturated fat: 4.5 g
Protein: 15 g
Fiber: 10 g
- Choose 100% whole wheat or 100% whole grain breads.
- By spreading butter, oil or spread on the bread directly, and then browning the sliced bread on the skillet, less will be used.
- When using a higher saturated fat option such as butter on the bread, use small amounts and choose a reduced fat cheese option to balance out the saturated fat total.
Recipes provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition.