Two-Minute Eggplant Parmesan
View All Section Pages
- 4 medium slender Japanese eggplants, cut into ½” slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp. fat free half and half
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. basil, chiffonade
- 3 tbsp. Italian bread crumbs
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant slices, and cook mixture over medium-high heat for approximately one minute.
- Add minced garlic and pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté for 5 seconds.
- Add tomato, half and half and parmesan cheese to skillet. Stir for 30-45 seconds. Plate eggplant. Sprinkle with fresh basil and bread crumbs and serve.
Protein: 6 g
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 233 mg
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services