Healthy Vegetable Stir-Fry with Ginger, Garlic and Chia Seeds
View All Section Pages
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2-4 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large wok or skillet, sauté ginger and onion in oils over medium heat until softened (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add tamari, rice wine vinegar and water.
- Stir fry for additional 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables, garlic and chia seeds.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, but still firm.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, Director of Nutrition, Cooper Healthy Living