This Festive Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe Is a Party Starter
View All Section Pages
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime (adjust to individual taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine black beans and corn in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together remaining ingredients and pour over black bean mixture. Gently stir to combine ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with baked chips, pita bread or Ak-mak crackers.
Tip: You may want to add 1 diced red pepper, 1 diced tomato and/or 1 diced red onion. This makes an excellent side dish served with grilled fish or chicken.
Nutritional Analysis (Serves 8; Serving Size 1/2 cup):
Sodium: 117 mg
Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Protein: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.