Tomato Feta Salad
View All Section Pages
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup French feta cheese, in brine and crumbled (Valbreso® is an excellent brand)
Tip: Place diced onion in a bowl and cover with cool water. Cover and place in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. When ready to prepare salad remove onion from refrigerator and drain. This will decrease the pungency of the onion.
- Cut tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil and parsley and mix well.
- Dice or crumble the feta into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces
- Gently fold feta into the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Sodium: 325 mg
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 3 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition.