View All Section Pages
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3-4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground red pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups white cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper (with seeds), thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Stir together vinegar, olive oil, sugar, lime juice, salt, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground red pepper and ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add red cabbage, white cabbage, carrots, jalapeño pepper, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper. to bowl.
- Toss to coat. Chill for 1 hour before serving, tossing occasionally. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.