Great Pizza Flavor in Our Back-to-School Better Roll Ups Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp pizza sauce
- Several spinach leaves or chopped up broccoli
- 1 slice fat-free cheese
- Sprinkle of part-skim mozzarella (approximately 1 Tbsp)
- Place tortilla on a plate and spread pizza sauce mixed with flax seed on it.
- Top with a layer of spinach or broccoli.
- Place cheese slice, in strips across the greens. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Microwave on high until the cheese is just melted, about 20-25 seconds.
- Roll the tortilla up and slice in pinwheels. Let cool and pack in lunchboxes!
Fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 700 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 18 g
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.