Crunchy Cranberry Almond Granola with Maple Syrup and Vanilla
View All Section Pages
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, syrup, vanilla; pour over oat mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a 15x12-inch baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, stirring three times during baking time.
- Cool mixture in pan before adding craisins.
- Store in an airtight container. Serve as a topping for your morning oatmeal or use as a sprinkle on top of low fat ice-cream for a terrific crunch.
Serves: 12; Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Sodium: 11 mg
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
Protein: 1.4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD