Sweet Potato Hummus with Roasted Red Pepper and Pinch of Cayenne
View All Section Pages
- 16 oz. baked sweet potato, skin removed (2 c diced)
- 1/4 heaping cup roasted red peppers, drained, with blackened skin removed
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Tahini
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
In a food processor, puree the sweet potato, roasted red peppers, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, parsley, Tahini, and cayenne pepper. Process mixture until it is fairly smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Serves: 15 | Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 1 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 172 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.