View All Section Pages
Exercise and Education Programs Focusing on Prevention and Chronic Disease Management
Exercise and education play a vital role in prevention and managing chronic health conditions. Yet, for many, beginning an exercise routine can be daunting given physical limitations, safety concerns, lack of information about the disease process and a variety of other factors.
Cooper® Tracks provides participants guidance and support to help them begin exercising, increase confidence and develop habits to live healthier and best manage their chronic conditions. Cooper Tracks comprehensive health education programs give participants the opportunity to learn how lifestyle modifications can positively affect their well-being and specific health conditions.
Cooper Tracks is designed for:
- Sedentary individuals who want to begin an exercise program
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with chronic disease or risk factors for disease
- Individuals transitioning from a completed rehabilitative program to regular physical activity
- Individuals following a preventive approach via exercise and lifestyle modification
“Cooper® Tracks has elevated The Atlantic Club as the primary choice in the area for fitness programming focused on preventive care and chronic disease management. Participants in our Diabetes, Arthritis and Immunity & Reconditioning Tracks have experienced greater stability and balance, increased muscle mass and decreased daily fatigue. However, the most important benefit is their ability to better understand their conditions and be able to develop a game plan for their long-term health and wellness."
— Kevin McHugh, President & CEO, The Atlantic Club, Manasquan, NJ | Cooper Wellness Center
• Diagnosed with stable cardiovascular disease • Completed cardiac rehabilitation or do not qualify for cardiac rehabilitation • Diagnosed with cardiovascular risk factors
• Osteoarthritis • Rheumatoid arthritis • Other inflammatory arthritic conditions
• Pre-diabetes • Type 1 or 2 diabetes
• Diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment • Recovering from cancer at any stage
• No specific diagnosis but desires to boost immunity • Recovering from illness or immobility and are deconditioned • Recovering from COVID-19
• Desire to follow a preventive approach to health • Deconditioned or sedentary • Inconsistent with regular exercise
- 8 weeks in length
- 2 small group exercise classes/education sessions per week
- Educational content specific to disease process, nutrition and lifestyle modification
- Pre- and post-program health assessments
- Exercise tracking tools
- Social support and accountability
- Automated outcomes reporting
Program trainers receive virtual training and a comprehensive Trainer Manual including:
- Participant Forms
- Safety Precautions
- Exercise Programming
- Program Processes
- Health Assessment Protocols
- Education Materials
Call 972.560.3263 or complete our online form to learn more about Cooper Tracks.