Healthy and Tangy Citrus Shrimp and Dressing Appetizer Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Place dressing ingredients in a medium saucepan and boil (until reduced to one cup). Stir often. Do not to let ingredients scorch.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 pounds frozen cooked medium shrimp, defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups red pepper, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 drops Tabasco
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix shrimp ingredients together and place in refrigerator.
- One hour before serving pour chilled dressing over shrimp and continue to chill until ready to serve. Serve within one hour.
Tip: Try adding 1 diced avocado and ½ seeded diced jalapeno. Yum! Also, try adding 1 cup low sodium V8 and 1/3 cup ketchup for a Mexican shrimp cocktail. If feeding a smaller crowd freeze 1/2 of reduced dressing for use at another time.
Serves: 24; Serving Size: 1/24 recipe
Saturated Fat: 0g
Sodium: 161 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services