Not-Your-Average Nut Mix with Coriander, Cumin and Brown Sugar
View All Section Pages
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. trans fat-free margarine
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place nuts on baking sheet (with rim). Mix nuts every 10 minutes or so.
- Additionally, in a small sauce pan over low heat, add spices and brown sugar, Worcestershire and butter. Stir until dissolved.
- Drizzle sauce over nuts until well coated.
- Cool completely.
Makes five cups.
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, Cooper Clinic