Healthy Low-Calorie Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins with Raisins
View All Section Pages
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry powdered milk
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute; or 4 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 Tbsp. raisins
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients; mix together.
- Divide batter into a 12-muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Optional: Glaze cooled muffins with a mixture of powdered sugar and milk.
Nutritional Analysis (1 muffin):
Fat: 0 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 121 mg
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services