Avocado Chocolate Mousse
View All Section Pages
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe (8 oz.) avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1.5 cups silken tofu
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 16 red raspberries
- Approximately 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Fat Free Cool Whip (optional)
- Place a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, or use a double boiler. Melt the chocolate in the bowl, stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the next 7 ingredients in a blender, then pour in the melted chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into 16 small serving dishes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. (Can be made one day in advance.)
- Garnish each dish with Cool Whip and almonds if desired. Top each dish with one red raspberry.
- Serves 16 (1/4 cup serving).
Fat: 7 g
Protein: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 44 mg
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services