Cooper Guiltless and Delicious Pizza Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 1/2 of raw pizza dough ball (8 oz.) (from Whole Foods Market)
- 1/3 cup Muir Glen Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Pizza toppings: variations are endless: diced peppers, olives, artichoke pieces, cooked diced chicken, diced onion, sliced mushrooms, grape tomatoes halves, pineapple tidbits, Canadian bacon, fresh basil etc.
- Preheat oven to 500° and position the oven rack to the middle of the oven.
- This is super easy if you have a silpat (non stick oven safe cookie sheet liner). Place the dough in the middle of the silpat and using a rolling pin, or your hands, roll out the dough evenly to create a thin crust.
- Place the silpat on a cookie sheet and begin creating your pizza.
- Distribute pizza sauce on dough and layer the toppings.
- Place pizza in preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- After pizza has cooked for 6 minutes open oven and turn pan to ensure even cooking. Check pizza as cooking times will vary depending on oven variations and toppings.
- Remove pizza from oven and carefully move cooked pizza off of silpat and onto a cutting surface. Cut with a pizza roller or sharp knife.
Tip: Purchase toppings for your pizza from your local salad bar.
- A silpat makes this easy and no additional oil is needed for the dough, but other pizza pans can be used.
- Freeze remaining pizza dough. It will defrost in less than one hour.
- Freeze remaining pizza sauce in 1/3 cup containers.
Sodium: 282 mg
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 25 g
Cholesterol: 71 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services