Asian Inspired Tofu with Lentils
View All Section Pages
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. package extra firm tofu, rinsed, drained and cubed
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 can lentils, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen® Sesame Ginger Dressing (or similar product)
- ⅓ cup scallions, chopped
- Wrap diced tofu in a kitchen cloth, place in sealable plastic bag and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to wick away excess moisture and firm up tofu.
- Spray large skillet with non-stick spray. Add olive oil and sauté tofu, onion and bell peppers until tofu is lightly browned. Stir gently as to not break up the tofu.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, lentils, sesame ginger dressing and scallions. Continue to sauté until all flavors are incorporated into dish.
- Serve immediately.
Serves: 4 | Serving size: ¼ recipe
Sodium: 617 mg
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 13 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Tip: Wash romaine or iceberg lettuce and chill in refrigerator to use as a wrap for this tofu dish.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, and Cooper Clinic Nutrition.