Soy Vay Tofu with Lentils
View All Section Pages
- One 12 oz. package extra firm tofu; rinsed, drained and cubed (size of dice)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. Soy Vay Toasted Sesame Dressing and Marinade
- 2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- Wrap diced tofu in a kitchen cloth. Put in a sealable plastic bag and place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to wick away excess moisture and firm up the tofu.
- Spray large skillet with non-stick spray.
- Add olive oil and sesame oil and saute tofu, ginger, onion and bell peppers until tofu is lightly browned. Stir gently as to not break up the tofu.
- Add lentils, Soy Vay, soy sauce and scallions. Continue to saute until all flavors are incorporated into the dish.
- Serve immediately.
- Wash romaine or iceberg lettuce and chill in the refrigerator to use as a wrap for this dish.
- To quickly remove excess water in the tofu, "press" it by spreading slices in a single layer on a clean dish towel on a cookie sheet or tray. Top with another dish towel and another cookie sheet or tray, and put heavy items on the top tray to compress. Let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- 293 calories
- 14 g fat
- 2 g saturated fat
- 13 g protein
- 617 mg sodium
- 27 g carbohydrates
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.