View All Section Pages
- 8 large lasagna noodles
- 30 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and well-drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups low-fat 1% cottage cheese, partially drained
- 3 cups skim mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 cups tomato sauce for lasagna
Tip: To drain spinach, place defrosted spinach in the middle of a kitchen towel. Fold towel over and wring from both sides over kitchen sink to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Preheat oven to 350◦ F.
- Mix drained spinach with egg whites.
- Cook lasagna noodles, drain and rinse.
- Distribute 1 ½ cups of tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of a very large lasagna pan. Next layer half of the lasagna noodles, followed by half of the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and spinach mixture. Put another 1 ½ cups of tomato sauce on top. Continue layering with the remaining lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake for approximately 1 hour. Remove foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with remaining 1 ½ cups of tomato sauce.
Nutritional Analysis | Serves: 12
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 19 g
Protein: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
*Nutritional Analysis includes parmesan cheese garnish and Cucina Antica pasta sauce. Does not include salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services