Baked Acorn Squash
View All Section Pages
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp. margarine, butter, or oil
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-calorie maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 acorn squash
- Mix apple and raisins together.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Add orange juice, syrup, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Pour over apple mixture and mix well.
- Slice squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and strings. Puncture cavity several times with a fork, being careful not to pierce outside skin.
- Divide apple mixture between squash halves.
- Cover squash and apple mixture with foil. Place in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for one hour, or until tender.
Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 41 mg
Protein: 2 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sodium: 40 mg
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services