Athlete's Energy Balls
View All Section Pages
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes™ Protein Oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 Tbsp. honey (slightly warmed in microwave)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 3 Tbsp. dark chocolate (>72% cacao)
Warm honey will slightly melt the chocolate pieces. The goal is not to melt the chocolate completely but soften it slightly.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a plastic baggie and zip to close. Using a soft mallet, break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a medium bowl, stirring well to combine. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the refrigerator and roll mixture into 14 balls.
- Place balls into a container, spaced out so they do not stick together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Serves: 14 | Serving Size: 1 Ball
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Protein: 9 g
Sodium: 83 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Calcium: 364 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition.