View All Section Pages
Exercise and Education Program for Individuals Diagnosed or Recovering from Cancer
At Cooper, we have proven exercise and lifestyle modification play an important role in disease management. Cancer can affect your mental and physical health and wellness. Cooper® Tracks Fit to Fight Cancer provides a safe space for you to get back into, or start, exercising to help you best manage your day-to-day life.
Upcoming Class: February 26-April 17, Monday/Thursday, 3-4 p.m.
Research shows exercise is not only safe and possible during cancer treatment, but it also improves physical function and quality of life. Benefits of a moderate-intensity exercise routine can include*:
- Elevated mood and self-esteem
- Less depression and anxiety
- Improved balance and strength
- Better endurance
- Decreased symptoms of fatigue, a common side effect of cancer and cancer treatment
*Source: American Cancer Society, National Cancer Institute, American Society of Clinical Oncology
Cooper Tracks Fit to Fight Cancer is designed for individuals:
- Diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment
- Recovering from cancer at any stage
The cancer track features:
- Two small group exercise/education sessions per week (8 weeks, 16 classes)
- Individualized exercise in a group setting
- Comprehensive condition-specific health and education topics focused on integrative medicine, support systems and grief, positivity and resilience, functional mobility and more
- Pre- and post-program health assessments
- Social support and accountability from instructors and other participants
- Exercise tracking tools
Cooper Tracks exercise and education program provides the pathway for you to develop a regular exercise program with support from a personal trainer in a supervised environment. You will begin exercising with confidence and establish healthier habits to help you better manage your cancer at any stage.
"We are pleased to offer a safe and effective individualized exercise program in a group setting for people who want to take charge of their fitness. Cooper Tracks is based on more than 50 years of science and research at Cooper reflecting our purpose of improving the quality and quantity of people’s lives."
Tyler Cooper, MD, MPH
President and Chief Executive Officer, Cooper Aerobics
Each small group class is led by a certified professional fitness trainer who has been educated on cancer management, providing you the confidence and education you need to continue practicing healthy habits long after completing the program.
8 Weeks, 16 Classes
Program Fee: $395 ($50 discount for Cooper Fitness Center members)
Monday/Thursday, 3-4 p.m.
Instructor: Sheryl Brown, MS
Open to members & non-members
Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the program start date will not be refunded.
Lyndsay Sears, Cooper Wellness Strategies Program Coordinator
email@example.com | 972.560.6305